When releasing a new Freeseer version use the following checklist.
- Ensure your git repo is clean
- Update resource files
- Navigate to src/freeseer/frontend/qtcommon and run make
- ./bump_version.sh <new version>
- git commit -asm "Release 3.0.0"
- git push origin master
- Login to GitHub and navigate to a new release
- Draft the release notes include new features and bugs fixed
- Create python egg and source distribution:
- python setup.py sdist
- python setup.py bdist_egg
- Push the source distribution to PyPi
- Add the 2 binaries to the Release Draft
- After peer review and release date agreed on Publish the release
The commit message summary line should say “Bump version to release version 3.0.0” (update version as relevant).